How to measure the foot using a Brannock Device? When trying to find the perfect fit in a shoe, most people turn to the expertise of a professional.
How to measure the foot using a Brannock Device?
But have you ever considered measuring your own foot using a Brannock Device? In this article, we will discuss how a Brannock Device works and how to use one correctly.
What is a Brannock Device?
A Brannock Device a device used to measure a person’s foot size. It invented by Charles F. Brannock in 1925 and still used to this day. The device is composed of two metal levers connected by a sliding metal bar. The metal levers have two distinct measurements: length and width. Length measures the length of the foot while width measures the width of the foot.
How to Use a Brannock Device
A Brannock Device is easy to use and is surprisingly simple with these guidelines:
1. Place your heel against the back of the device.
2. Push your toes forward until you reach the front of the device.
3. Slide the bar until it securely locks your foot into place.
4. Check the measurements on the metal levers to find the length and width of your foot.
Tips for Accurately Measuring Your Foot
– Wear the same socks that you plan to wear with the shoes that you are measuring for. This will give you a more accurate measurement of your foot.
– Measure both feet and use the longer one to ensure a comfortable fit.
– Measure your feet at the end of the day when they are at their largest (this is especially true for pregnant women).
Benefits of Knowing Your Foot Measurements
1. Easier Shopping: When you know your exact foot size, it is much easier to shop for the right shoes.
2. Comfortable Fit: Knowing your foot size can help you find shoes that fit comfortably without having to try them on first.
3. Affordable Shopping: Knowing your exact foot size can save you money because you can purchase shoes online and avoid the high prices of in-store shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I measure my feet?
It is recommended to measure your feet every two years to ensure a perfect fit in shoes.
Are Brannock Devices available in all shoe stores?
Yes, most shoe stores have a Brannock Device on hand for customers to use.
What materials are Brannock Devices made of?
Brannock Devices are typically made of metal and/or plastic.
Are there any other methods of measuring feet?
Yes, there are other methods, such as tracing the outline of your foot on a piece of paper and measuring it.
Are Brannock Devices suitable for all types of shoes?
Yes, Brannock Devices are suitable for all types of shoes including dress, running and casual shoes.
Is it important to measure both feet?
Yes, it is important to measure both feet as they can be slightly different sizes.
Is the Brannock Device designed for children’s feet as well?
Yes, the Brannock Device also designed for children’s feet.
Measuring your feet with a Brannock Device can help make shoe shopping easier and more affordable. Knowing your exact foot size also ensures that you find shoes that fit comfortably without having to try them on first. Furthermore, the Brannock Device is suitable for all types of shoes, including dress, running and casual shoes. By following the steps outlined in this article and taking accurate measurements of your feet, you will be able to find the perfect shoes for you.